|The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt created by CD Projekt Red.|
Images used for educational purposes only.
Location: Velen - Reardon Manor
Prerequisites: Spare Letho in The Witcher 2
Suggested Level: 6
NOTE: You can only trigger this quest if you spared Letho in The Witcher 2, or said you spared him during the quest Imperial Audience. Otherwise you’ll find Wraiths to ‘kill’ in the area where it would trigger.
- You’ll trigger this quest upon arriving on the grounds of Reardon Manor. It’s an abandoned community to the east of Lindenvale. You’re most likely to come here during the quest The Fall of the House of Reardon.
- The first thing to note about the grounds are the sheer number of traps laid out for you. Step on one accidentally and you’re in for some pain. Use your Witcher Senses to avoid them, then enter the largest home, in the south of the area. You’ll get trapped inside.
- Keep your Witcher Senses active to get rid of several more traps inside the house, then look in the rear of the room where you’re locked for a ladder. Interact with it and you’ll wind up crawling into the attic, where, surprise, Letho is waiting. Cut scene follows…
- … and when it’s done you’ll be facing a crowd of nasty Headhunters. You have Letho to help, but it’s fairly dangerous to just rush into this well-armed mob with no plan. If you’ve good archery skills you can snipe them from the attic window; otherwise, hop down and use signs to whittle down their numbers, hopping around constantly to avoid being flanked. Letho is good at defence, not that amazing at attack, so assume you’re fighting this battle solo and take it seriously.
- Follow Letho across open terrain. He’ll lead you to a small bandit camp. Another fight ensues here, similar to the first, but with no bows to pester you. It’s much easier and much shorter. After a cut scene Letho will jump on his horse again; ransack the camp, if you want - not a whole lot to see, honestly - then jump on Roach and follow him.
- Back to Lindenvale. You’ll hit a cut scene upon arriving in the area, and after a confrontation you’ll get basically three options:
- Leave. The quest is over, and Letho dies.
- Let the bounty hunters take Letho’s amulet. Letho lives. You can invite him to stay at Kaer Morhen.
- Kill the bounty hunters. After a short brawl against the last three men you’ll get close to the same cut scene as you would if you gave away the amulet. Letho still lives, and again, you can invite him to Kaer Morhen.
Regardless of the path you choose, the quest ends here.