|Final Fantasy VI copyright Square Enix.|
Images used for educational purposes only.
- After landing at the mainland as Celes and arriving on the Serpent Trench you have the option of travelling north or south. Go north to find Nikeah; go south (and a long way east) to find Mobliz.
- The town is not looking so hot, though there are still people about. Follow the boy who flees into the town and, in the basement of the old post office, you’ll find the remaining population… watched over by Terra. Try as you might you can’t convince her to leave with her, so take off yourself.
- A cut scene follows. Once it does…
This battle begins with Terra fighting Humbaba solo. She can’t do any damage, regardless of how you proceed. You need to lose. Let Humbaba take Terra down.
Afterward your party will show up. If you’re fighting with only Celes, this can be a rather dangerous fight; if you have even one other person it’s not so bad. Humbaba uses physical attacks and lightning spells to assault your party, though he’s not terribly tough. Your best bet to send him packing is to use poisonous spells / equipment (Poison / Bio as spells, Venom Claws as weapons on Sabin) which will target his natural weakness to the element. Do enough damage and Humbaba will flee.
- Back below ground, Terra will confess her confusion and refuse to accompany your party. You’ll have to come back later. On the plus side, you’ll receive the Fenrir magicite.
- Leave Mobliz altogether. If you’re still hoofing it as Celes / potentially Sabin, you’re done here for now. If you have the Falcon, though, you can immediately reenter the town and trigger the next part of this recruitment.
- There are problems in town. Speak to the kids, then enter the house on the far left. A dog entering the house will reveal a secret chamber behind the bookcase in here. After the cut scene is done (and after you’ve checked a pot in here for a Hi-Ether) you’ll have to rush out and face…
Yep, this dude again. Humbaba has slightly stronger attacks this time around, but he’s otherwise identical. Do enough damage, though, and he’ll blow two of your characters right out of the battle. Once that happens Terra will rush in and join your remaining two characters in fighting Humbaba, and she’ll do so under the permanent effects of Trance. She can now dish out damage again, and it gets a nice boost from normal to boot, so put her on point as a poison caster while your other two characters back her up. The battle doesn’t change a whole lot overall.
- Killing Humbaba for good will put Terra back on your team. Don’t worry about your other teammates, as they’ve been returned to the Falcon and will be there when you get back.