|The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt created by CD Projekt Red.|
Images used for educational purposes only.
Location: Novigrad - Novigrad City
Suggested Level: 15
Reward: 250 gold, XP
- To trigger this quest you need to check one of the Notice Boards of Novigrad. You’re specifically looking for the western-most Board, right near the docks. After you’ve collected the quest, head a block south to find the Guard who will give you the details. Haggle as you see fit.
- The Guard will point you towards a Medic who inspected the bodies involved with the Contract. He’s along the docks to the northwest. You may run into some Bandits or Whoreson’s Hencemen along the way, but nothing too crazy. Ask the Medic for details.
- Another redirect, this time to an alleyway that’s likely populated by Bandits and / or Thugs. Clear the place out, then activate your Witcher Senses to find some conspicuous hoofprints. Follow them north out of the alley, around a corner, into a much smaller alley, and over to the rear of a brothel.
- Speak to the Madame inside, behind the bar. Ask her about the murdered guards and you’ll have three options for getting the truth, though only Axii works to get her to tell the truth. If you don’t have the chops, return to the rear of the brothel for a second look and you’ll find a perfume vial, to the left side of the back door. Follow the scent it provides. Both the Madame and the vial will send you to the same place.
- You’ll find a man skulking outside a townhouse and looking confused. Talk to him, then get into the building via the next house over, as your target is locked. Climb into the house, then descend. You’ll find a Succubus named Salma waiting. You have two options:
- Kill her. This is a ‘boss’ fight, but it’s not that difficult so long as you start attacking immediately. Salma only uses fire attacks, and slashing her throws her off balance and prevents her from casting. Slash until she dies, then check her body for, among a few other things, a Succubus Trophy.
- Let her leave. She’ll give you the Succubus Trophy, as well as a Maugrim, a decent sword for this point in the game. No drops, though.
- Either way, quest over. Return to the Guard for your reward.