Prerequisites: Complete Pinned
Trigger: Speak to Father
Reward: 500 XP
- Head to Father’s room after completing Pinned and returning to the institute. He’ll have you record a message for the Commonwealth via a nearby microphone. You’ll get several prompts that will get your message to the people across in a variety of different tones; be as benevolent, indifferent, or threatening as you like.
- Once you’re done recording, Father will send you off to Diamond City. Make the jump to the stadium, then pay a visit to Diamond City Radio. If you’ve never been here, it’s a small, raised trailer-esque dwelling in the northeast. There’s a small crate near the door containing a Radio Thing With Buttons, a Radio Thing With Dials, and a Radio Thing With Tubes. There are also three devices that are missing pieces:
- Install the Radio Thing With Buttons in the left machine
- Install the Radio Thing With Dials in the middle machine
- Install the Radio Thing With Tubes in the right machine
- Return to Father once all three pieces are properly installed. (You’ll know you’re on the right track when the lights on the middle machine flicker to life.) He’s in Institute Advanced Systems, and, beyond that, the Institute Reactor. Speak to Father, then step into the inactive reactor and interact with it to put the pieces in place. Use the terminal outside the reactor to get the ball rolling. Talk to Father to finish it off.
- Father will tell you to attend a directorate meeting, back in the Institute hub area. You’ll find them in the meeting room on the top floor of the east wing. Sit in the chair at the head of the table and look around to begin the conversation. At this point you’ll have to answer several questions, the most important of which requires choosing between Synth production or beefing up weapon development. (I assume this winds up changing the number of Synths you’ll see in missions, and how strong they are. Not entirely sure.) Answering this completes the quest, and earns you a new one: End of the Line.