|The Legend of Legacy created and owned by FurYu and Atlus.|
Images used for educational purposes only.
In order to access Great Crag you must first activate the cairn in Deserted Village. This requires activating the three sets of elemental Ruins. That done, you can purchase the map to Great Crag in Initium for 3,000 St. If you want to save money, you can also find Great Crag for free by returning to Deserted Village after unlocking the new continent and checking the area around the cairn. (Thanks to Dil in the comments for pointing this latter method out.)
Great Crag - Mountain Rise
- Ooooo, fresh territory, straight out of the sea. There are a bunch of new enemies to fight hereabouts:
Dire Wasps. They look familiar and they attack in a familiar manner, but they hit a lot harder than normal. They also tend to appear in large clusters. Defending is critical, as they prefer physical attacks.
- Crimson Wasps. They’re basically stronger Dire Wasps, but with the ability to poison your characters. Kill ‘em first.
- Fire Whelps. They’re the fiery versions of Frost Whelps, which you’ve doubtless faced before. Not much more to say beyond that.
- Goblin Shamans. These back-range guys stick almost entirely to charms. They’re more dangerous than average because they steal your elements, though their Insanity attack can prove really bad if it sticks.
- Shockwave Coatl. They're Coatls, but they hit harder! Yep. You won't see them often.
Most of these battles aren’t much harder than what you’ve faced in previous areas. The primary exception comes if you step too close to the insect nests in this area; if they’re shaking, you’ll get into a fight with a mob of Dire Wasps and Crimson Wasps. These battles are brutal without AOE attacks. Avoid ‘em unless you can manage as much.
- The path splits right at the entrance. If you head north you’ll find an ancient device for fire; activating it makes the northeastern path from the entrance a bit safer. To the west you can find a Yellow Platform in a cluster of bushes, as well as a potential Sparkle.
- Your destination is to the east. You can find a Sparkle near the flaming pillar, and past it, in the southeast corner, you’ll find an exit to Tabletop Mountains’ Southern Mesa. Near here is a cactus that puffs out purple clouds; get caught in one and you’ll be temporarily slowed down.
- Head north. There’s nothing much to see to the west, so head north up the next ramp. You’ll find a watery ancient device up here that will turn the water to the west into ice. Before heading that way, check to the northeast; there’s an exit from the map leading to Tabletop Mountains’ Western Mesa.
- Head west across the ice. There’s an ancient device here that brings air elementals into the area. North of the ice you can find yet another exit; this leads to the Ship Graveyard.
- Almost done. Return to the entrance of Great Crag and go north, up the nearest ramp. You’ll find an air-generated platform up here that will shepherd you to the last section of the map. There’s potentially a Chest north of where you land, and up the ramp to your right you’ll find a singing stone with a Whispering Shard. This one teaches the Bluster charm.