|Final Fantasy VI copyright Square Enix.|
Images used for educational purposes only.
The scenarios continue, and if you’re following the walkthrough you’ll have two left. The remaining scenarios are not nearly as long as Sabin’s, and the one we’ll focus on now, Terra’s, is extremely short.
- You begin this mission on the Lethe River, completing the trek to Narshe. The same conditions apply as before: don’t let Banon get knocked out. If he goes down your game is over. This trip is a bit harder without Sabin, but Edgar’s Auto Crossbow should make it relatively easy.
- You’ll wash up near Narshe soon enough. Once there, attempt to enter the city through the front gates and you’ll be soundly rebuffed. Ouch. You’ll have to find an alternate route into Narshe…
- … and you have one to the left of the front gate. Use the secret passage from the beginning of the game to get into the Narshe Mines.
- Make your way through the Mines until you reach a second indoor screen with a bridge. This is one of the only places in this scenario where you’ll face enemies equal to your level. You’ll never see these enemies again in the game, so if you want their Rages later, spend a bit of time here getting into fights. Edgar can handle them.
- Through the northern door is a puzzle of sorts. A glowing dot will weave through a tiny maze of rocks. You must tag its movements exactly to get through unharmed. Steer away from the path and you’ll get trapped in a security field. Inspect the yellow light in the chain and you’ll break free; inspect any other light and you’ll get into a fight. There are unique enemies in this battle that you may want to trigger just for the sake of future Rages.
- The tunnel beyond is familiar, as you visited this place while escaping Narshe’s guards as Terra. You can head through here the normal way and escape…
- … or you can sidetrack and go through the first door you see. It leads to the area where you fought as Moogles, and beyond you’ll find the Moogles’ nest. A chest in here contains a Rune Blade. The door nearest the chest will lead back to the main path.
- Either way, head south through the Mines to find the exit. You’ll wind up in Arvis’s house soon enough, and the scenario will end shortly thereafter.