To unlock this little sub scenario you need to visit Florem, speak with the matriarch in the north of the town, engage in the little NPC back-and-forth quest, and come to the conclusion that Sage Yulyana is necessary once again. This will unlock two sub scenarios.
- Start this sub scenario by speaking to the girl outside the matriarch's house. No cut scene, but she will point out your next destination.
- Head to the plaza in the south of Florem. There's a woman by the entrance of Florem who's selling hair dye at ridiculous prices.
- Run back north and speak to the young girl outside the matriarch's house with the blue hair. She'll get all chatty about the hair dye she bought.
- Return to southern Florem and speak to the Trader clerk on the east side of town. She'll discuss more about the hair dye.
- Leave Florem.
- Head east out of Florem, across the first bridge you see, then head north. Follow the waypoint on the map into the thick woods. The game will interrupt you when you hit the right general area, so don't bother looking for landmarks besides what's on the map.
- Cut scene. Ringabel does his thang, despite the stink of corruption and poor morals. (Not that his are so great.) Quick battle follows; you shouldn't have any trouble beating the combatants down, especially if you've already done the Summoner side quest and know what to expect.
- Carry on eastbound. Your destination is a large tree that sticks out from the rest.
- Cut scene. Guess who's to blame for all this? Despite how it looks there's no exploration here, and you'll jump right to the meat of the boss battle. Bring it on, wolfy!
Artemia, Legion Impaler, Legion Mage
Artemia's a surprisingly vicious opponent, despite how silly she looks. She has two attacks: the first hits one character for a large amount of HP (in the 500 to 700 range) while the other hits everyone for slightly less HP. This will put your lower HP characters - namely, your mages - under significant strain. The fact that she has two fellow fighters doesn't help much either. Nevertheless, you have one big advantage that will get you through the fight without too much trouble, assuming you have a Black Mage on staff.
Start the fight by, hopefully, wiping out Artemia's allies on the first turn. Artemia isn't enough to kill your guys with her initial hit, but she can come close - and her Legionnaires will mop up what she leaves behind. An all-out assault on them one at a time should get rid of them in one, possibly two turns. After that, leave one character to heal while everyone else assaults Artemia's weak point: fire. The Fira spell you can pick up in Florem is absolutely devastating to Artemia's low magic defense, and with a few Brave castings will whittle her HP down considerably. Spell Fencers can also make good use of this elemental property, though it's slightly less effective. Keep this up and she'll be toast in no time.
- Beating Artemia will earn you the Ranger asterisk, allowing for another job change. You'll also get a little Party Chat once you're back in Florem. (Agnès is uneducated in the arts of war, I'd say.)