To gain this third sub scenario in Ancheim, you must first complete the Thief and Merchant quests. Here's a quick rundown:
- Speak to Profiteur in the far-left building of Ancheim.
- Inspect the well outside his merchantry.
- Go to the oasis west of town.
- Run through the Harena Ruins further west of town, beating up The Jackal and Khint.
- Return to Ancheim and confront Profiteur. Beat up him and Khint.
- Complete the quest to unlock the Wind Crystal.
- Watch the cut scenes in Ancheim, then leave town. This will unlock the final sub scenario.
- Wait until night falls on Ancheim. A battle or four outside will do it.
- Enter Ancheim and approach the Magic store. Beside it is a mill that's normally blocked by a guard. After completing the first two sub scenarios you can enter.
- Once inside, check the door in the northwest corner of the first room. It will open at night, allowing you access.
Grand Mill Works
- Head north until you hit a split. Follow it southeast until you find a chest containing a Remedy.
- Go back northwest and follow the subsequent path until it takes you to two sets of stairs. Go up the top set first.
- Second floor. Head southwest through the hallways. They'll lead you to a chest containing a Phoenix Down and a set of stairs. Down them you'll find three chests containing Thumbing Claws, an Earthing Rod, and... something. Blue chest and all that.
- Return to the floor with the two sets of stairs. Go up the lower set of stairs.
- There's a robed save dude just west of where you come out on the third floor, and ahead of him an elevator. This is the obvious destination... aaaaaand it's not open. Hm.
- Return to the previous hallway and check the left side of the elevator. Pull the switch to solve half of this puzzle.
- Run south of the robed dude to find more stairs. Down.
- Second floor. Run south to a split in the path. Go left to find a chest containing an X-Potion; go right to find stairs. Up, up!
- Third floor again. To the north is a chest containing a Hi-Potion aaaaaand yet more stairs.
- Second floor. Follow the path... chest... Ether... stairs. Yeesh.
- Third floor. A switch! Yank it to open the elevator. HIghtail it back to the robed save dude, save, and hit the switch in the lift.
- Run across the top of the Grand Mill Works to the palace. Once inside, run to the right to hit a cut scene. The plot laid bare!
Hey, lookit that, Khint's back for a third battle. And with the king at his side, no less! You can't scare Khint into fleeing this time, so it's a battle to the death. Khint hasn't changed from the previous battles, and Khamer is not quite as troublesome as Profiteur - though he is more diverse. Relying on time magic, Khamer will hit everyone with the weak Quara spell, cast Stop to temporarily halt one of your characters, use Veilga to increase his side's evasiveness, or just plain out hit one of your teammates. Troublesome, yes, but not that bad. Take out Khamer to reduce the other team's buffs, then wipe out Khint. Pretty easy battle unless you're grossly under-levelled.
- After ousting the foul king and setting Ancheim to rights you'll gain the Spell Fencer and Time Mage asterisks, both of which are pretty awesome when parleyed into jobs. (Though Time Mage makes your characters look a little silly.) Woo! Ancheim is cleared!